-K Series Helical Bevel Gearbox
K series gear reducer, manufactured according to international technical requirements, has a high scientific and technological content; Space saving, reliable and durable, high overload capacity, power up to 132KW; Low energy consumption, superior performance, reducer efficiency up to 95%
It is designed and manufactured on the basis of module combination system. There are a lot of motor combinations, installation forms and structural schemes. The transmission ratio is classified carefully to meet different operating conditions and realize electromechanical integration.
High transmission efficiency, low energy consumption and superior performance.
Reinforced high rigid cast iron box; The hardened gear is made of high-quality alloy steel. Its surface is carburized, quenched and hardened, and the gear is finely ground. It features stable transmission, low noise, large bearing capacity, low temperature rise, and long service life. Performance and characteristics:
1. The gear is carburized and quenched with high-quality alloy, the hardness of the tooth surface is up to 60 ± 2hrc, and the grinding accuracy of the tooth surface is up to 5-6
2. The computer modification technology is used to pre modify the gear, which greatly improves the bearing capacity of the reducer
3. Complete modular structure design is adopted from the box to the internal gear, which is suitable for large-scale production and flexible selection
4. The standard reducer models are divided according to the form of decreasing torque. Compared with the traditional equal proportion division, they are more in line with customer requirements and avoid power waste
5. It is designed and manufactured by cad/cam to ensure the stability of quality
6. Multiple sealing structures are adopted to prevent oil leakage
7. Multi directional noise reduction measures to ensure the excellent low noise performance of the reducer
8. The installation mode of Liyi products is flexible, which makes it easy for customers to choose K57 reducer, K67 reducer, K77 reducer, K87 reducer, K97 reducer, KA87 reducer, KA97 reducer, KA107 reducer, KA127 reducer
1. Input mode: Coupled motor, belted motor, input shaft or connection flange.
2. Output: Right angle
3. Compact structure. Rigid tooth face. Carrying greater torque, high loading capacity.
4.High precision gear, ensuring the unit to operate stably, smooth transmission.
5. Low noise, long lifespan. Large overlap coefficient, abrasion resistant.
Our product line
|Hardness:||Hardened Tooth Surface|
|Gear Shape:||Bevel Gear|
Can a Worm Gearbox be Used for High-Speed Applications?
Worm gearboxes are generally not recommended for high-speed applications due to their inherent design characteristics. Here’s why:
- Efficiency: Worm gearboxes tend to have lower efficiency compared to other gearbox types, which means they can generate more heat and experience more energy loss at high speeds.
- Heat Generation: The sliding contact between the worm and worm wheel in a worm gearbox can lead to significant friction and heat generation, especially at high speeds. This heat can cause thermal expansion, affecting the gearbox’s performance and longevity.
- Wear and Noise: High speeds can exacerbate wear and noise issues in worm gearboxes. Increased friction and wear can lead to faster degradation of components, resulting in reduced lifespan and increased maintenance needs.
- Backlash: Worm gearboxes may have higher backlash compared to other gearbox types, which can impact precision and accuracy in high-speed applications.
While worm gearboxes are more commonly used in applications requiring high torque and moderate speeds, they may not be the best choice for high-speed scenarios. If high-speed operation is a requirement, other gearbox types such as helical, spur, or planetary gearboxes are often better suited due to their higher efficiency, lower heat generation, and reduced wear at elevated speeds.
Worm Gearbox Applications in Robotics and Automation
Worm gearboxes play a crucial role in various robotics and automation applications due to their unique characteristics and benefits. Here are some common applications where worm gearboxes are used:
- Robotic Arm Movement: Worm gearboxes are employed in robotic arms to provide precise and controlled movement. The self-locking property of worm gearboxes helps maintain the arm’s position without requiring additional brakes.
- Conveyor Systems: In automated production lines, worm gearboxes are used to drive conveyor belts and move materials or products along assembly lines with accuracy.
- Precision Positioning: Worm gearboxes are used in precision positioning systems, such as those found in pick-and-place robots and CNC machines. They ensure accurate and repeatable movements.
- Pan and Tilt Mechanisms: Worm gearboxes are utilized in pan and tilt mechanisms of surveillance cameras, robotic cameras, and sensors. The self-locking feature helps stabilize and maintain the desired angle.
- Automated Gates and Doors: Worm gearboxes are used in automated gate and door systems to control their opening and closing movements smoothly and safely.
- Material Handling: Robots in warehouses and distribution centers use worm gearboxes to manipulate and lift objects, enhancing efficiency in material handling.
- Medical Robotics: Worm gearboxes are employed in medical robots for surgical procedures, diagnostic equipment, and rehabilitation devices, ensuring precise and controlled movements.
- Industrial Robots: Industrial robots rely on worm gearboxes for various tasks, including welding, painting, assembly, and packaging, where precise movements are essential.
- Automated Testing Equipment: In testing and inspection applications, worm gearboxes provide the necessary movement and positioning for accurate testing and measurements.
- Food and Beverage Industry: Worm gearboxes are used in automated food processing and packaging systems, ensuring hygienic and precise movement of products.
Worm gearboxes are preferred in these applications due to their compact size, high torque output, self-locking feature, and ability to provide a right-angle drive. However, selecting the right gearbox requires considering factors such as load, speed, efficiency, and environmental conditions.
What Industries Commonly Use Worm Reducers?
Worm reducers are versatile mechanical components that find applications in various industries due to their unique advantages and capabilities. Some of the industries that commonly use worm reducers include:
- Material Handling: Worm reducers are widely used in material handling equipment such as conveyors, bucket elevators, and cranes to control movement and manage heavy loads.
- Automotive: They are utilized in automotive manufacturing processes, assembly lines, and vehicle positioning systems.
- Food and Beverage: Worm reducers are used in food processing and packaging machinery where hygiene and cleanliness are crucial.
- Agriculture: Agricultural equipment like irrigation systems and tractors use worm reducers for controlling rotational motion.
- Mining and Construction: Heavy-duty applications in mining equipment, excavators, and construction machinery benefit from the torque multiplication provided by worm reducers.
- Energy: Wind turbines and solar tracking systems use worm reducers to convert low-speed, high-torque motion into rotational energy.
- Textile: Textile machinery employs worm reducers for controlling speed and tension in weaving and spinning operations.
- Packaging: Packaging equipment relies on worm reducers for precise movement and positioning of packaging materials.
- Medical: Medical devices and equipment often utilize worm reducers for their accuracy and controlled motion.
- Printing: Printing machines use worm reducers to regulate paper feed and ensure consistent printing quality.
Worm reducers’ ability to provide high torque output, compact design, and self-locking characteristics makes them suitable for applications requiring reliable and controlled motion across various industries.
editor by CX 2023-09-06