Crane Duty Helical Gear Boxes
Satisfactory performance of the gearbox is dependent upon correct selection. Selecting a gear unit is certainly influenced by the course of duty of the crane that ought to be determined and specific. Single, Double and Triple stage Horizontal gear models type HA, HB and HC are recommended for Hoist and Long Travel drive. Three stage vertical equipment systems type VC are suggested for cross travel drives of the EOT crane. Assembly arrangement must be specified while ordering the gear units.
1. Compute the mandatory reduction ratio.
2. Determine the horsepower necessary for the prime mover.
3. Make reference to the rating table, observe in the ratio column and based on input rpm examine the gear box ranking horizontally for various class of duty of the crane.
4. The size should be selected such that the ranked HP is equal or more than the consumed HP.
1. Decide on a unit to transmit 9 HP from 720 rpm electric electric motor for hoist drive in a course II duty crane, the reduction ratio required is 31.50.
· For hoist drive a two stage horizontal gearbox type HB will be suitable.
· Start to see the ratio column and in the size HB-350, for insight rpm of 720 in class II duty the ranked HP is 9.5
· Since the consumed HP is 9, the machine HB-350 will become suitable.
2. Decide on a unit to transmit 3 HP from 960 rpm electric engine for cross travel drive in a class IV duty crane, the decrease ratio required is 14.26.
· For cross travel drive, a vertical gearbox type VC will end up being suitable.
· See the ratio column and in the size VC – 32Q, for insight rpm of 960 in class IV duty the ranked HP is 3
Love crane duty helical gearbox and would certainly such as to discover out even more?